raspberry lemon muffins
These muffins offer gluten free, grain free goodness for anytime of day. I love to give them to my kids for breakfast with a smoothie or packed in there lunch for a healthy sweet treat. I use butter in this recipe but can be adapted to suit dairy free or can be adjusted to suit a Keto diet by taking out the sweetener and adding a safe substitute.
As you begin to cook and bake more, you learn that recipes really are a roadmap. You can switch things up depending on your body's needs or sensitivities. I love that these contain only almond flour. It is rich in fiber, protein and high in fat. So much of what you need to give your body the nutrition that it needs!
This batch makes @ 16 muffins. They store in the refrigerator for up to a week in an airtight container, but can also be individually wrapped and put in the freezer.
What you will need
- 2 1/2 cup blanched almond flour (I love Honeyville)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 heaping tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 pint organic raspberries
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3 large farm fresh eggs
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- zest of 1 lemon
- In a medium sized mixing bowl (I use the bowl that comes with my Kitchenaid) combine softened butter, eggs, honey, and lemon zest. Mix until completely incorporated
- While mixer is on low, slowly add almond flour, salt, and baking soda
- Last add raspberries and pulse mixer. The raspberries will break apart but you don't want them to break down too much or the batter will turn pink!
- With a standard sized ice cream scoop, place batter into a lined cupcake tray
- Only fill half way
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean