5 ingredient macaroons
These incredibly easy sweet snacks, are a cinch to make and takes ingredients you may already have in your pantry. My family is notorious for their sweet tooth. My mom is a pastry chef, so you can imagine the willpower we all need to steer clear from all of that deliciousness. I have worked very hard to translate our favorite desserts into healthier versions.
These satisfy a craving while still having responsible healthy ingredients. They are crispy on the outside and chewy in the center. Yummy in every way!
What you will need
1 cup dried dates
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
1 tsp. vanilla
- Soak dates in water for 30 minutes. Make sure to remove the pits before soaking.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Once the dates are finished soaking, place them in a food processor with 2 Tbsp. of soaking liquid, maple syrup and vanilla to create a paste
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the coconut and the date paste and combine
- Using a small melon sized ice cream scoop, scoop balls onto parchment lined cookie sheet
- Bake for 25 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown
- Let cool for 30 minutes before storing.
I love storing these in the refrigerator. They become really chewy and delicious.