how do you start your morning?
Is coffee good for you? The powers that be always seem to be changing their tune on this subject. I'm going to give you what I know to be true about this incredibly addictive drink. Coffee in moderation can be good for you. Here's why
- It can help burn fat and improve physical performance.
- It can make you alert, even a little smarter!
- It can lower your risk of certain diseases like Type ll Diabetes, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's
- It is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients
- It can lower your risk of Liver disease
All of this is great to hear but comes with some guidelines. Drink organic coffee to minimize the toxins and don't make it dessert! Does triple triple sound familiar?
Here's what I like to do. I start most days with a cup of black coffee made from freshly ground organic French roast beans. I love the taste of coffee and have a small addiction myself, but limit myself to 1-2 cups a day. Feel free to drink 3-5 cups per day. If you are feeling jittery, then back off and consume less. It's also best not to drink after 3pm, as it may disrupt sleep patterns. As a treat once a week, I indulge in a Bulletproof coffee of sorts. My version contains 8 oz coffee with 1 tablespoon grass fed butter and 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup. Add mixture to blender and mix. It becomes the most heavenly latte you will ever taste! Give it a try.