nut butter, oatmeal everything cookie... is it a cookie, muffin or a full clean out of the pantry? protein packed yumminess
I hit the jackpot with this creation. I took all of the bosses in my life, Aka my kids! and chose all of their favorite ingredients. There you go, a protein packed thingy that really has no name. They are shaped like a cookie, they have the texture of a heavy muffin and meet all of my requirements for a healthy snack or a light meal. For breakfast these are great with scrambled or hard boiled eggs or I throw them in their lunch for a sweet treat. This version does contain dairy free chocolate chips, but can easily be replaced with more dried fruit if chocolate isn't acceptable for breakfast! I make these at least once a week and they disappear almost instantly.
- 1/2 cup natural organic unsweetened peanut putter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup nut milk (I used cashew milk)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 4 Tbs. melted butter
- 2 cups gluten free old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup favorite chopped nuts (I used almonds)
- 1/2 cup almond flour (Honeyville)
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (Enjoy Life)
- 1 cup favorite unsweetened dried fruit ( fruit juice sweetened cranberries, organic raisins, apricots or cherries)
This is a 1 bowl, throw everything in kind of recipe! To make it a little easier, combine all wet ingredients (peanut butter, applesauce, nut milk, maple syrup, and melted butter). Incorporate these ingredients with a mixer or by hand, then add oats, nuts, almond flour, coconut, salt, favorite dried fruit and chocolate chips. When all ingredients are combined, use a standard ice cream scoop, and place onto a baking sheet. Press down on each cookie to flatten a bit, but not too much. This recipe makes 18 cookies. Bake at 350F. for 10-12 minutes.