meet a nutritional powerhouse
These little seeds pack a powerful punch, nutritionally speaking. They are a valuable source of minerals zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, iron and copper. There are so many great reasons to add this little seed into your daily diet.
They are a great source of plant based protein and because these amazing little seeds are full of fiber, they are able to boost your fiber intake, that helps you to reach that ideal threshold of 50 grams per day. They are best eaten in their raw form and a 1/4 cup is all you need to gain nutritional benefits. They are great as an easy portable snack in between meals or added to your morning granola, yogurt and afternoon salad.
Let's talk about those benefits!.
- Pumpkin seeds can give your heart a boost because of the concentration of magnesium. Magnesium has been shown to benefit your blood pressure and overall heart health.
- Pumpkin seed extract and oil have long been valued for antimicrobial, anti-fungal and anti-viral properties. They have the power to kill microorganisms and inhibit their further growth.
- They can aid in the prevention of kidney stones. Research is showing that by consuming pumpkin seeds as snacks may avoid kidney stones altogether.
- These seeds have amazing anti-inflammatory properties that are used in the treatment and prevention of Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Has one of the richest sources of Omega-3. Omega-3 can help in the treatment of asthma and is great for numerous skin conditions.
- They boost immune function because they contain a rich source of Zinc.
- Pumpkin seeds contain Phytosterols that protect the prostate and have the ability to lower cholesterol. If you have family members taking a Statin, recommend them trying pumpkin seeds.
The benefits of pumpkin seeds are vast. They are a superfood and an all around compact nutritional snack. They are calorie dense, packed with good fats, protein, fiber, minerals and vitamins. Think about adding them to your snack bag and pantry. Snacking that can make you healthier, how great is that? The bonus is kids love them too!