pumpkin spice smoothie
One last pumpkin dive before it's all over. I'm a little obsessed this time of year with pumpkin. I do my best to stick it in all things edible, muffins, breads, pies, even smoothies. I also love to use it in savory recipes, like pumpkin chili and pumpkin risotto, the ideas are endless.
This recipe tastes like pumpkin pie in a glass! It is filled with healthy fats, protein and fiber and will keep you satiated and energized for hours. It can be used as a meal replacement or dessert or anytime sweetness calls your name.
- 1 can organic full fat coconut milk (Native Forest)
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1-2 scoops protein powder (Vital Protein)
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tbs. raw honey, pure maple syrup or 2 dates
- 1 cup ice
- 1 banana (optional)
- Using a high powered blender (Vitamix) put all ingredients together in blender in order listed.
- To get an even better pie flavor, sub 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/8 tsp.ginger, 1/8 tsp. nutmeg and 1/8tsp. clove for pumpkin spice
- Blend on high for up to 3 minutes or until smooth
- Makes 2 servings
- Add a few more ounces of coconut milk for a thinner smoothie
Enjoy this delicious taste of full in a glass