carrot cake muffins
This is hands down, my most favorite gluten free muffin ever! They are super moist, just sweet enough and healthy to boot. Try them for breakfast with fruit, dessert or a snack. I slather them with grass fed butter to boost their healthy fats for my kids and they are satisfied until their next meal. For this recipe and many of my other gluten free treats I use almond flour. I love Honeyville brand. I see a difference in my baking and highly recommend investing in the flour. It is a bit expensive but your baked goods will love you!
What you need
2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/2 tsp. sea salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
3 tsp. cinnamon
2/3 cup olive oil, grape seed oil or coconut oil
2/3 cup pure maple syrup
1 cup shredded carrots
3/4 cup raisins (optional)
Makes 16 muffins
1. In a medium bowl sift flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon
2. In a separate bowl whisk together, oil, eggs, syrup.
3. Add wet and dry ingredients together and combine
4. Mix in carrots and raisins if desired
5. Fill lined cupcake pan with batter, to 3/4 full. I use an ice cream scoop, so they are all uniform. 1 scoop should fill to that level.
6. Cook at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes