almond coconut pancakes
Having a few go to gluten free pancake recipes is a must when you are following a gluten free lifestyle and love breakfast. These don't skimp on taste and even the gluten lovers can't tell! I serve these with a berry compote and pure maple syrup, but they can also be used like toast. My kids love them with cashew butter and bananas or cream cheese and jam. I love using the same ingredients while switching it up at the same time. Make a double batch and keep in the freezer or fridge. This approach makes my mornings simple and easy and with 3 kids that is a lifesaver!!!
1.5 cups almond flour (My favorite is Honeyville, you can buy here)
1 tablespoon coconut flour (My favorite is Nutiva, you can buy here)
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water (If batter seems too think, simply add a bit more water)
- In a medium sized bowl add all dry ingredients (almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt)
- Whisk dry ingredients together and add eggs, butter, vanilla, honey and water)
- Combine all ingredients completely to make a smooth batter. If batter seems too thick, add a small amount of water.
- Melt butter or coconut oil in a frying pan to cook pancakes.
- I make 2 at a time using a 1/2 cup measuring to allow a uniform size
- Serve or store in freezer or fridge